April Reed Type Designed Cake

Decorating By beenie51 Updated 3 Jan 2011 , 6:23pm by Karen421

beenie51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beenie51 Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 3:10am
post #1 of 7

I have a wedding cake at the end of the month that is to be similar in looks to a April Reed cake. I have a very sm picture and I am sure it will not scan well. Has anyone ever seen a April Reed cake with 4 tiers where the cake is airbrushed blue with the color fading as it goes down to the bottom layer?
I only ask as the cake has some flowers on it that I can not figure out what type of gumpast flowers they are. The flowers are in varing shades of blue.
I attempted to reach April Reed but her web site and face book site are closed.
My bride states she did not care as long as the cake looked simular.
Sorry so long and thanks in advance.

6 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 3:45am
post #2 of 7

I googled April Reed and tons of stuff came up including her web site with wedding cake pictures.
Happy hunting!
Jibbies

beenie51 Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 4:02am
post #3 of 7

I did the same but not the cake I was looking for. This cake must have been done for a bridal magazine. But thanks.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 4:14am
post #4 of 7

There's a cake similar to that in the galleries, but it was posted at least 2 years ago.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

beenie51 Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 5:24am
post #5 of 7

thanks I started looking in the blue wedding cakes. I also scanned the sm picture I have of the cake and will try to attach. Thanks agin for any suggestions.

beenie51 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 7

I wil try and attach the photo again. Can anyone tell me what kind of flowers used in this cake?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 3 Jan 2011 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 7

The attach is not working, can you put it in your photos or you can use photobucket and then copy the IMC code and it will appear.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%