Where Can I Get These Figurines! Hurry Friend Wants Price!

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 1 Jan 2011 , 2:59am by bakingatthebeach

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:53am
post #1 of 21

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreemkaggs/1358336550/
The little toys, where do I get those? I do not own a bakery yet, but I told her I will track down every thing we need to make the cake, but she wants to know how much they are!!! Please if anyone has any info, let me know!! We both agreed we don't like the "cake picks" things like walmart would put on the cake, we like those little figurines on that cake!

20 replies
KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:57am
post #2 of 21

Do you have a Disney store near you? I know I've gotten some like that there.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 1:59am
post #3 of 21

I just went to Walmart.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:00am
post #4 of 21

I just went to Walmart. They sell toy story figurines in their toy department.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #5 of 21

Disney store....

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:55am
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfectionsCC

I told her I will track down every thing we need to make the cake, but she wants to know how much they are!!!

That's nice of you to try to track down everything, but let her know where she can pick them up, pay for them, and she can place them on the cake herself.

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:07am
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfectionsCC

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dreemkaggs/1358336550/
The little toys, where do I get those? I do not own a bakery yet, but I told her I will track down every thing we need to make the cake, but she wants to know how much they are!!! Please if anyone has any info, let me know!! We both agreed we don't like the "cake picks" things like walmart would put on the cake, we like those little figurines on that cake!

i saw these at the dollar tree..not all of them though..i usually go to ebay for my cake toys!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:15am
post #8 of 21

Be careful about running yourself ragged for a cake customer.
She's not helpless.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:23am
post #9 of 21

yes, i am sure she can find them at the walmart. or at a disney store. would be cheaper at the walmart.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 6:18am
post #10 of 21

Disney store or Disney store online--$12.50 plus S&H and tax. There are several sets, but this one has all of those shown on the cake:

http://www.disneystore.com/toy-story-2-figure-play-set-7-pc/mp/1257277/1000262/

Rae

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:22am
post #11 of 21

When I did my Toy Story cake I got all the figures at Target. At the time I could not find the ones I wanted and the alien too so had to buy that seperate and it came to 35$.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:48am
post #12 of 21

Try a toy store...and I agree with previous posters - ask her to go and buy them. Then she's doing the extra running around and she pays for them too.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 11:43am
post #13 of 21

The disney store has the sets and usually they run a sale if you buy 2 sets (they don't have to be the same sets, they have mickey and gang, or pooh and gang, tinkerbell etc)

ConfectionsCC Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:26pm
post #14 of 21

Good point, I guess I should ask her to get them since I am the one making the cake lol!! I looked online at target and walmart and did not find the sets, so thats why I got worried about finding them.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 5:26pm
post #15 of 21

It's a legal thing... you can't produce a Toy Story cake to sell. That's why she should also place the plastic figures on the "generic" cake herself (if she's purchasing it.)

ConfectionsCC Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:59am
post #16 of 21

Don't worry, free cake! Shes not purchasing the cake, shes just "helping" me make it! (she doesnt decorate, but she bakes!)

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 9:32am
post #17 of 21

I tell them to get the ones they want and bring them to me. That way there is no confusion of what they want on the cake.

ConfectionsCC Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 3:19pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

I tell them to get the ones they want and bring them to me.
That way there is no confusion of what they want on the cake.

I was trying to pretend to be "a professional" ( I am only a wannabe icon_redface.gif) hahaha Thats a good idea though, have her get exactly what she wants so there is no confustion, and because I will NEVER use one of those cake kit thingys, the actualy toy decoration part will always be to the "customers" taste! OOOO I can't wait to go "pro" to get to do this for a living icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif just a few more months!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 4:09pm
post #19 of 21

If you can't find the figurines or want to go the all-edible way, here's a good tutorial:

http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2010/11/toy-story-cake-and-cupcakes.html

txcowgirl0772 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txcowgirl0772 Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 2:41am
post #20 of 21

i seen them at toys r us yesterday

bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 1 Jan 2011 , 2:59am
post #21 of 21

Found mine at Target and Walmart, the two I couldnt find I got at Disney store online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%