Italian Cream & Carrot Wedding Cake Question

Baking By wyliecakes Updated 29 Dec 2010 , 7:30am by JanH

wyliecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyliecakes Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 1:04am
post #1 of 2

I have a customer who wants an Italian Cream/ carrot wedding cake. I'm concerned about whether it will hold together well for stacking. Is there a "tried & true" recipe for either one of these cakes that will be able to handle being stacked (3 tiers)?

Thanks!
icon_smile.gif

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Dec 2010 , 7:30am
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliecakes

I'm concerned about whether it will hold together well for stacking. Is there a "tried & true" recipe for either one of these cakes that will be able to handle being stacked (3 tiers)?

The layer cakes (tiers) don't hold up the layer cakes (tiers) above them - that's the job of the cake support system. icon_smile.gif

The layer cakes only need to be able to support the weight of the b/c, fondant and whatever decorations you place on them.

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for American b/c's, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) and so much more!

Also included is a link to commonly used cake support systems with directions, and info on SPS cake system.

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%