Dvd Reviews?

Decorating By jmlawren Updated 24 Oct 2011 , 1:03pm by iulishca

jmlawren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmlawren Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 8

Do anyone have Advanced Designs Using Cricut Cake and Design Studio DVD by Carrie's Cakes or Simple Designs Using Cricut Cake DVD by Carrie's Cakes and would be willing to let me know what you think of it? I've purchased the Linda McClure Dvd and was left wanting...and was hoping these dvd's may be a little more my style. Thanks for any help you can give me!

7 replies
cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 8

I was just wondering the same thing! My DH got me a Cricut Cake for Christmas and the next thing I want is a DVD to go with it!

So, pleeeeeaaaassseee! Someone share your thoughts if you have one of these DVDs!

And are they better than Linda McClure's? I was thinking first about getting her DVD then I saw the others OP said, and they look very interesting! Now I am stuck with which one to choose! Help me!

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 8

I just watched one I ordered last night and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. I did appreciate the gumpaste recipe but they featured more work with the electric fondant sheeters and electric pasta machines than I would have liked. (Electric sheeters start at over $2000 and the pasta machine they featured is about $5-600 from what I have researched). I know you can get the kitchenaid attachment for about $200 Cdn but that doesn't roll the gumpaste into a huge piece like you would need for very large designs.

I bought a few DVD's and I have to say since I already had the gumpaste recipe I didn't find it showed me anything I didn't already see on Youtube videos or the cricut video that comes with the machine.

I'm going to watch the Advanced Designs video and I'll let you know what I think when I'm finished that later on icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakenovice2010

I just watched one I ordered last night and I have to say I was pretty disappointed.

Can you let us know which one you watched? was it a Linda McClure one or a Carrie's Cakes? and which one was it, i see both have multiple dvd's available.

cakenovice2010 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 8

Mine was done by Carries Cakes - The "Simple Designs Using Cricut Cake" DVD with Carrie, Becky & Martha.

I'm going to watch the Advanced Designs later on and I'll review that, it might be more detailed I think and more suited to people that have already watched a fair bit of tutorials on Cricut through Youtube etc.. and want something more detailed/advanced.

I also just watched two of Jennifer Dontz Dvds and really enjoyed those. One was Fun with Fondant Frills and The Easy & Tasty Way to Perfect Fondant. ( I know they have nothing to do with Cricut cake but they were worth mentioning for great tutorials)

cakenovice2010 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 8

Okay the second DVD is for use with the Cricut Cake & Design studio which I don't have so I bought the wrong DVD's.

I would go with the other DVD not by Carries Cakes, I'll have to order that one and once I get more comfortable with the cricut I might buy the design studio and try it out.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 8:49pm
post #7 of 8

I have non of Linda's dvds so I cannot somment on those, but I have the first one of carrie's and found it very informative, as I knew nothing about this going in. I do not know if it duplicates info on Linda's or not, but I found it to be very well done and infromative for me.

iulishca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iulishca Posted 24 Oct 2011 , 1:03pm
post #8 of 8

Hi
Did anyone eventually got this dvd? Advanced Designs Using Cricut Cake and Design Studio DVD by Carrie's Cakes

I'd like to buy but i want to know a little bit more, if it's worth it or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%