Wilton Flower Making Kit...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 28 Dec 2010 , 3:26am by Texas_Rose

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 10

For those of you who use it or have used it, is it worth purchasing?

TIA

9 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 10

I use bits and pieces of it all the time. It's inexpensive, gives you a large variety of cutters and a book to make the flowers. In my opinion, well worth the money.

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 10

Just be sure to use your 50% off coupon when buying it & anything else from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, AC Moore, icon_biggrin.gif etc.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHIESKREATIONS

Just be sure to use your 50% off coupon when buying it & anything else from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, AC Moore, icon_biggrin.gif etc.

Excellent advice. thumbs_up.gif

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHIESKREATIONS

Totally agree! It's worth it, but be sure you use a coupon!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 10:36pm
post #6 of 10

Yes! That is a superb, basic, book and the tools are very inexpensive compared to other options. The book is based on 1984 gum paste decorations and will give you very good tutorials. Here is a link to a great source of craft store coupons (I always get my coupons here before leaving the house)

http://www.mycraftcoupons.com/

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 11:13pm
post #7 of 10

We got, don't use it often, but when we need it, we need it. We still haven't tried all the flowers in it, but will one day. We wouldn't part with it.

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 1:04am
post #8 of 10

Thanks for all the responses. I will be visiting Michaels tomorrow with coupon in tow!

Apti: Thanks for the link!

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 1:46am
post #9 of 10

Love mine! And better yet, purchased it at Hobby Lobby with my 50% off coupon! I've made several of the flowers and find the instructions easy to follow. I think you'll love it.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 3:26am
post #10 of 10

It's not a bad starting point. I bought it more than ten years ago and still use it. I don't know if it still comes with a couple of wooden sticks and a little wooden rolling pin, but if it does, throw those out and get plastic tools...save yourself a lot of frustration. The cutters are useful though, but mostly pretty small.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%