Help Me With This Airbrush Machine!

Decorating By Kayla0887 Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 4:50am by Kayla0887

Kayla0887 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayla0887 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 5:32am
post #1 of 3

Okay, I got an airbrush machine for Christmas and I felt 5 years old again when I opened it!! I was so excited!! So I came and baked several little cakes to try it out on. I opened the box and the instruction manual is pitiful! I've never even seen an airbrush machine before today so I have no idea how to set it up. It's a master airbrush G34. Where do you put the food coloring? I got a box of Americolor food coloring with it and the pitiful instructions said to thin paint before using. Do I have to thin my food coloring, if so how do I do that? Please help, any information will be greatly appreciated!! I've found no useful information online and I'm really starting to get bummed out about this. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 6:01am
post #2 of 3

hi, is this the system you got. if so the color goes into the little cup and you pull back on the handle to spray. i only use air brush colors in my airbrush. i have a kopykake one , the black and red one. had it for 16 yrs. I never dilute with everclear, or vodka, etc. I only use airbrush colors. but some on this site will thin their gel colors with vodka, everclear,etc. and use. Now they have airbrush sheen colors. and that is great. here is what i think you have.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/abdkitG34.aspx

can you let me know if this is what you have.

Kayla0887 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayla0887 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 4:50am
post #3 of 3

Yes! That is the one I have! Hmmm, did not know you were suppose to dilute it with alcohol. No won't I've been making a mess...I've been using water??! I finally figured it out where to put the color later that night after I posted this question. Thank you for the information! I will try using straight color w/o diluting it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%