I've Been Searching For Weeks For...

Decorating By sillymoo84 Updated 26 Dec 2010 , 6:15pm by RoseCitySugarcraft

sillymoo84 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 14

a cutter that gives the attached effect... I have a bridezilla that is adement that it must be this design or similiar, it matches her invitations. any ideas where to get something like this??

i even have my dh gooogling!!

picture is in my attchments as i cant upload it (dark blue, I dont know who the cake belongs to)...

13 replies
costumeczar Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 14

That just looks to me like the design has been pressed into the fondant, then painted in with food coloring. I can't really see what's going on with the middle tier, but the top and the bottom just look like it's been done like that.

sillymoo84 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 14

thanks, i am trying to find a similar cutter as the top and bottom tiers. impossible to find.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 14

I know that this may be difficult but what about making an imprint with a royal icing stamp. Enlarge your pic and trace the image. Then use one of those clear stamping blocks and put your image under that and trace it with your royal icing and let it dry. Then press that into your soft fondant and do like costume said.

Donnagardner Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 14

Look in the stencils at Hobby Lobby. I think there may be something very similar to that in the stencils.

leah_s Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 14

I have the cutter. I got it on Ebay.

gscout73 Posted 25 Dec 2010 , 11:40pm
post #8 of 14

It is similar. But the design on the cake is a little more elaborate. the center has a cut out section.

Loucinda Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 12:57am
post #9 of 14

Leah_s - that is an awesome seller on ebay! Thanks for the link, I see several cutters I need to add to my collection that I have never seen before. (sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread!)

sillymoo84 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:13am
post #10 of 14

Everyone!! Thank you for your help!!! I really appreciate it!! There is light at the end of this tunnel!!

brincess_b Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 11:47am
post #11 of 14

You could just make the cutter your self. I'm sure there's a tutorial one here for how to do it.

sillymoo84 Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 5:10pm
post #12 of 14

brincess-b I was thinking of making it, but dont have the right supplies here. Oh to be back in the UK!

brincess_b Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #13 of 14

where are you? i believe you really just need the metal and strong glue, might not be easy to find but most places have hard ware stores!
oter option is to tell bride you have exhausted your suppliers, if she can find it, great, if not you will be using *insert picture* this instead or altering the design so it is piped on. or if she is that much of a PITA offer up her deposit for being unable to meet her needs.

RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 26 Dec 2010 , 6:15pm
post #14 of 14

To me, this looks like a stencil that you would find in the painting section of home improvement stores. For doing a border around the top of a wall. They probably cut the stencil to fit, and then "embossed" the design into the fondant with a small ball tool.

If the bride "must" have it cut out, you can definitely make the seperate pieces from that stencil, then attach, instead of embossing.

Hope this helps!
~ Scott

Quote by @%username% on %date%