I Must Declare, I Love Cakecentral.com!!

Decorating By ConfectionsCC Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 8:29pm by NanaSandy

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:33am
post #1 of 12

Ok, So obviously I am not the only one who loves this site, but I really really do love all the help, advice, and constructive criticism I get from this site! This truly is a "family" of cakers, that I can go to with any problem, or when I am needing a pick me up! Thanks to all the fellow cc'ers!

11 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 5:44am
post #2 of 12

need a "like" button for this one!

Lizzard1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzard1 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 5:53am
post #3 of 12

Agreed icon_biggrin.gif I couldn't have said it better!!!

crystal18_corpus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystal18_corpus Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 6:09am
post #4 of 12

I feel the same way there are three websites i visit FB of course cake central and online banking thats all I need..... cake central opened a new world to me its awesome

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 6:22am
post #5 of 12

definately need a like button!!!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 6:25am
post #6 of 12

It's the best place in the internet!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 8:51am
post #7 of 12

I totally agree 100%. I have always encountered fantastic feedback and constructive criticisms. I have grown considerably in the last year. In one year I have gone from someone who had no idea what fondant was (let alone ganache) to making my family members beg for cake. I needed a passion (my husband always told me) and with CC and cake decorating I have found it. But CC isn't only about cake. One of my favorite haunts on CC is the Lounge. I love the sisterly feeling it gives (no offense guys), I never had any sisters. I wish we did have a like button, sometimes that is all that needs to be said. This is definitely one of those times.

ConfectionsCC Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 12

Well, my story with cakes and why this site has been so helpful. A year and a half ago, my husband got laid off from what we thought was his dream job, after only 7 months! I got seriously depressed and secluded myself! While he was off work, I decided to start nursing school, even though I had never really considered it before. Job security. Did that for a year, then found out over the summer my MIL didn't want to help with the kids anymore, she wanted her free time back!!! icon_confused.gif Luckily, my husband DID GET A DREAM JOB that I never in my life would have imagined him getting, esp since he was laid off a year! Since I was taking a year off from school, I decided to pick up a hobby; I needed an outlet because I was still very depressed. Growing up I had big dreams of pastry school, even had a full ride scholarship to one! Life happened, so that dream changed to motherhood. I stumbled upon this site while looking for information just on how to smooth my icing like the decorators do, and found MMF. I made my first cake, and now, just 4 months later, I am having so many people beg me for cakes I am working on opening a licensed kitchen to sell them from! Cake central has helped me learn the one thing I have always been passionate about, the one thing I thought I gave up forever! I learned on here how to do this as a hobby, and I am learning that this hobby can turn into a career! I have grown so much with my cakes, and with my, happiness! Hands down, no other site has helped me find my passion like this site has!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 3:16pm
post #9 of 12

ConfectionsCC, that story almost made me cry and is a great testimony to what I love about CC .... the helping and the encouragement that result in stories like yours! thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 8:02pm
post #10 of 12

ConfectionsCC - what a wonderful story! I am right there with Indy, brought tears to my eyes! Sending you wishes for a wonderful holiday and a fantastic 2011!!

ConfectionsCC Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 8:05pm
post #11 of 12

Thank Yall!!! 2010 has been a much better year for us than 2009, and 2011 holds even more excitment to come! I hope everyone has a blessed holiday season icon_biggrin.gif

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 8:29pm
post #12 of 12

I couldn't agree with you more, about what an amazing site this is! I have learned so much on here in the month or so since I joined. It has improved my cakes so much! Thank you to all the CC'ers!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%