I Gave Up Cakes Two Years Ago And I Miss It!

Decorating By LittleMom Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 7:12pm by frstech

LittleMom Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 4

Nothing to say really, just that I miss cakes; I have made only birthday cakes for my children since I quit.

I'm getting the itch again.

My kitchen used to be licensed; I don't know if I want to start taking money for cakes again, so I'm not sure if I should re-legalize my home and re-start my business.

It would be so hard to get started again, I have twice the children I used to have.

But I missed Cake Central most of all! If I never make another cake again, at least I have to get back to this site.

3 replies
icer101 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 4

hi, welcome back. I have to get on this site everyday or i think i have missed out on something. lol!! Whether you start back decorating cakes or not, its just nice to join all these decorators and talk.

cakedout Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 4

Welcome back! I know that itch! icon_biggrin.gif

I had to close my business 5 years ago now, and I've missed cakes every day since!! I've done a few cakes here and there, but I physically just can't do them anymore. icon_sad.gif I've found another hobby to take the place of cake (dollhouse miniatures), but that sugar is hard to get outta your blood! icon_lol.gif

Take this time off to continue to learn new techniques, then maybe once the kiddos are older you can get back into cakes. This is such a great place to learn and share! thumbs_up.gif

frstech Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 4

I sooooo hear ya, in the past 4 years I have done all of 5 cakes and I miss it myself, but just can't seem to get the motivation to get really going again icon_sad.gif I am just taking it one day at a time and hopinh that fire will return icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%