I Gave Up Cakes Two Years Ago And I Miss It!

Decorating By LittleMom Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 7:12pm by frstech

LittleMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMom Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 4

Nothing to say really, just that I miss cakes; I have made only birthday cakes for my children since I quit.

I'm getting the itch again.

My kitchen used to be licensed; I don't know if I want to start taking money for cakes again, so I'm not sure if I should re-legalize my home and re-start my business.

It would be so hard to get started again, I have twice the children I used to have.

But I missed Cake Central most of all! If I never make another cake again, at least I have to get back to this site.

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 4

hi, welcome back. I have to get on this site everyday or i think i have missed out on something. lol!! Whether you start back decorating cakes or not, its just nice to join all these decorators and talk.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 4

Welcome back! I know that itch! icon_biggrin.gif

I had to close my business 5 years ago now, and I've missed cakes every day since!! I've done a few cakes here and there, but I physically just can't do them anymore. icon_sad.gif I've found another hobby to take the place of cake (dollhouse miniatures), but that sugar is hard to get outta your blood! icon_lol.gif

Take this time off to continue to learn new techniques, then maybe once the kiddos are older you can get back into cakes. This is such a great place to learn and share! thumbs_up.gif

frstech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frstech Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 4

I sooooo hear ya, in the past 4 years I have done all of 5 cakes and I miss it myself, but just can't seem to get the motivation to get really going again icon_sad.gif I am just taking it one day at a time and hopinh that fire will return icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%