Favorite Truffle Recipes?

Sugar Work By fairmaiden0101 Updated 18 Dec 2010 , 7:11pm by mpetty

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:12am
post #1 of 8

I was planning on making chocolate truffles to go along with the many cakes and pies I am doing for Christmas. Does anyone have any favorites they could share. I usually do raspberry chocolate truffles and peanut butter but am looking for something new. TIA

7 replies
Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:34am
post #2 of 8

Italian Cream Cake with cream cheese icing or red velvet are always good. icon_smile.gif

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 7:21am
post #3 of 8

Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Yum, yum, yum!

Use a cookie dough recipe that has no eggs (you can find several through Google--I've used two different ones and they both tasted fine to me), add mini chocolate chips. Dip in melted (tempered) chocolate.

These are my family's favorite treat of any kind--higher than cookies, higher than cupcakes, higher than cake.

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 7:40am
post #4 of 8

If you're talking cake truffles, I used cherry cake with cherry buttercream and covered with chocolae and loved it. It you're tlaking candy truffles, I just made some using the Andes Peppermint Crunch chips and covered with white chocolate and then made some with Creme de Menthe chips and covered in regular chocolate. They both came out yummy. The creme de menthe part actually hardened up so it's got a little cruch to it. I didn't make any this year, but I also like orange truffles covered in dark chocolate. That could be either candy truffles or cake truffles. Hmmm...now I think I want to make some of those. Maybe if I have time.

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 8

These all sound awesome! I was thinking more along the lines of a candy truffle but I am always up for new cake truffle ideas as well!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 8

I just bought some eggnog. A friend of mine told me about white chocolate eggnog truffles, so I'm going to try my hand at them after the holidays (I froze the eggnog so I'd have it for afterwards). I don't have a recipe yet, but I'm sure it's not more than subbing eggnog for some, or all, of the cream in the ganache.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 8

I have a new love: lemon pepper and white chocolate truffles. Delicious!

Ingredients (makes about 1 1/2 lbs.)

1 cup heavy cream
14 oz. White Chocolate
8 oz. Additional White Chocolate
3 tbsp. Butter (optional)

Batter (Ganache):

1. Break chocolate into small pieces and put in a large bowl.
2. Bring cream slowly to a light boil.
3. Pour boiling cream over chocolate, stirring until all the chocolate has melted.
4. If you want to add butter, do so now, before the batter cools, and thickens.
5. Add Lemon Pepper, to taste

Make sure the ganache is thick enough to form the truffle balls

Forming Truffles:

1. Using two spoons round balls. Place them on parchment.
2. Melt the rest of the chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave.
3. Dip each ball in the melted chocolate

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 18 Dec 2010 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

I just bought some eggnog. A friend of mine told me about white chocolate eggnog truffles, so I'm going to try my hand at them after the holidays (I froze the eggnog so I'd have it for afterwards). I don't have a recipe yet, but I'm sure it's not more than subbing eggnog for some, or all, of the cream in the ganache.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Someone on CC was talking a few weeks ago about eggnog truffles and gave this link. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious.

http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/11/30/eggnog-fudge/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%