Whipped Icing Recipe Opinion

Baking By jade8 Updated 16 Dec 2010 , 5:39am by icer101

jade8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jade8 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 3:44am
post #1 of 2

hi
i found this whipped icing recipe and am wondering if anyone has tried it.it is from bluenote bakery. i am always looking to try new icing recipes and thought maybe this would be ok. i am not a big fan of american buttercream as it can be very sweet. swiss and italian can sometimes be too buttery if not enough flavour is added. i did try to find out if they use regular shortening or high ratio but i got no response. so im not sure which to use. i have attached the link below.
if anyone has made this icing, let me know what you thought of it.
thanks.

1 reply
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 5:39am
post #2 of 2

hi, only difference , i see from making smbc is that this recipe uses powder sugar also. Some people make smbc using part butter and part crisco or high ration shortening. I am gonna try this also. i make imbc and smbc and french meringue buttercream. Looks good to me. Again , just the powder sugar is all the difference. You can use all butter or part butter and crisco. Thanks for the link.

wanted to add, some people on this site, makes smbc, the american b/c(indeydebi"s recilpe) and then add the american b/c to the smbc and they say it is really delicious. Gonna try that also. They showd the picture of it after it was finished. Looked really good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%