What Are They Thinking?

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 28 Dec 2010 , 6:04pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:36pm
post #1 of 9

So I have a soon to be 16 year old niece who has a friend she has known all her life and she will also be turning 16 two days after my niece. They asked me to make them a sweet 16 cake which I don't mind doing. I told her to give me some ideas (while I browsed on here) She told me she wanted it to be music themed. Ok, found several cute cakes on here I could work off of. Then she told me they wanted a wedding cake. I said, what do you mean a wedding cake, she said, a wedding cake. The whole shabang .. topper, flowers, stacked, etc. Then she said, oh, and we want it to say happy birthday and we want orange safety cones around it. icon_confused.gif I asked what were they thinking and she just started laughing. SOoooo .. I will make her a wedding cake for their birthday party .. but it sure isn't anything I would have come up with at 16 ...

8 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 9

i may be crazy, but i can actually picture this in my head icon_smile.gif

What type of flowers do they want?

I am picturing a tiered cake (what i find most people mean by wedding cake, tiers instead of the single cake) with music lines across the middle with music notes coming off of them towards the top of the cake. Then the traffic cones with flowers coming out of the top.... and one on top of the cake with more flowers coming out of it and the number "16" on it.

Sounds like a fun creative one to do!

TheCakerator Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 9

Yes, that is a cute design, but they nixed the music part .. they just want a wedding cake ... white, stacked, with pink flowers and orange safety cones ... oh, and a topper of course!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 9

There is probably an inside joke to the safety cones so although it seems ridiculous to us...It means something to them!!LOL

TheCakerator Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 9

Thats exactly what I'm thinking ... maybe it is best if I don't know what they were thinking!

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 9

The cones may have something to do with driving or getting a license

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 11:45am
post #7 of 9

Myslady, that is exactly what I was thinking. She is probably getting ready to get her driver's permit. Kind of a Sweet 16/Right of Passage joke. But still...unusual design.

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 27 Dec 2010 , 4:23pm
post #8 of 9

icon_lol.gif Orange Cones! icon_lol.gif

could mean: watch out on the sidewalks, people, TEEN Driver on the loose!

could also mean: Wedding?! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gif Orange Cones could mean----ward off a Wedding! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

Or it could just mean she wants a really pretty, stacked cake! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Personally, since you are the auntie -- I would just ASK her what the cones all mean....she'd tell ya!

TheCakerator Posted 28 Dec 2010 , 6:04pm
post #9 of 9

I'm sure the orange cones have something to do with her learning to drive. They are both in drivers training right now. I showed her a design or two on here and she was happy with either one so I know what she is looking for. I just hope she isn't disappointed in their design choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%