Buttercream With Cream Cheese Filing?

Decorating By whitesands Updated 17 Dec 2010 , 3:13pm by aswartzw

whitesands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whitesands Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:14am
post #1 of 8

hello every one im new to this forum...and i want to see if you can help me.....if i was to do a vanilla or chocolate cake with cream cheese filling....can i use buttercream as a filing? would it taste good? please help

7 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 6:31pm
post #2 of 8

You want to use two different fillings (buttercream and cream cheese) in the same (torted) cake?

IMHO, I'd rather just have the cream cheese filling with a b/c frosting.

HTH

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 8

Wait, I'm confused. What do you want to do?

What do you mean cream cheese filling? Do you mean a layer of cheesecake between cake? Or cream cheese filling as in cream cheese by itself or mixed with something else?

Or do you mean alternating cake, cream cheese filling, cake, BC filling, etc. or do you mean cake, BC, cream cheese, BC, cake, etc.

Honestly, I don't know what you intend. icon_biggrin.gif

Woodruffbn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Woodruffbn1 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 8

Buttercream is an icing, but it can be used as a filling too. And it tastes good with pretty much any flavor cake. But, I prefer chocolate BC with my chocolate cake. Just a prefence. HTH icon_smile.gif

nati78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nati78 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 8

I'm making a babyshower cake. All chocolate with cream cheese filling, but its Thursday and the party is on Saturday, will the cake be ok out on the counter till then? Help I really need to know time is running out icon_redface.gif

aswartzw Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati78

I'm making a babyshower cake. All chocolate with cream cheese filling, but its Thursday and the party is on Saturday, will the cake be ok out on the counter till then? Help I really need to know time is running out icon_redface.gif

Nope. Got to keep it refrigerated.

nati78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nati78 Posted 16 Dec 2010 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 8

thank you for the reply does it matter if the cream cheese filling is a premade betty crocker in a tub/

aswartzw Posted 17 Dec 2010 , 3:13pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati78

thank you for the reply does it matter if the cream cheese filling is a premade betty crocker in a tub/

well that stuff has so many preservatives in it you don't need to refrigerate it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%