Lorann Oils At Walmart?

Decorating By slsharratt Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 11:38pm by silverdragon997

slsharratt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slsharratt Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 9

I found a boatload at my walmart today. I had resigned to not use them b/c I hadn't seen them locally and didn't want to drive into Dallas. Imagine my shock and awe when I saw 14 or more flavors on an endcap in WallyWorld, of all places??!!?!?!?!!? icon_eek.gif

I stocked up party.gif

8 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 9

That happened to me a couple of years ago, when they took out the old fabric/crafts section to convert the store to it's new look. Each 2-pack was marked down to 25 cents per, so I grabbed them all.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 9

I discovered them at a Wal-Mart near-ish to L.A. They have them 2 drams for $2.00. But then I looked at the price of them at my local cake supply store, and they have a 2 dram bottle for 1.69. First time I've EVER found something cheaper at the specialty cake store!

slsharratt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slsharratt Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 9

they had a sale price today, $1.75 for 2 dram bottles.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

That happened to me a couple of years ago, when they took out the old fabric/crafts section to convert the store to it's new look. Each 2-pack was marked down to 25 cents per, so I grabbed them all.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

awe, man! I found them for $1 per 2 pack and stocked up...tht that was a steal. Good ole Wally World!

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 9

sorry if this is a dumb question..but can lorann oils be used to flavor chocolate or frosting? I know its used for the hard candies...

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 9

Grandmaruth - sure you can use these in both melted chocolate and frosting. Since they are not water-based or alcohol-based you can use them in melted chocolate, candy melts or almond bark - oils don't cause seizing of the chocolate. In frosting, just remember that these are more potent than extracts - I added a couple of eyedroppers-full to 3-4 cups of icing for a great peppermint icing for chocolate cupcakes. I also use several drops of the almond oil to perk up the taste of my fondant - both commercially bought and my homemade MFF.

Kandis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandis Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 11:19pm
post #8 of 9

What section were they in at your Walmart? I have never seen them in mine!

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis

What section were they in at your Walmart? I have never seen them in mine!

They are on an endcap in the craft section at mine. Though I've only seen them at the Super Walmart here. I've looked at the regular Walmart and have never found them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%