Eggs Left Overnight On Counter?

Lounge By genevieveyum Updated 13 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm by genevieveyum

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 7

OK, this is probably a no brainer... but I left eggs overnight on the counter- I tested the temp and they're at 59 degrees. Wouldn't baking with them kill any bacteria? It's not that I'm too cheap to buy more, but I've got a little one who is home sick (not from eggs icon_wink.gif ) and I hate to bring her out in this cold.

6 replies
sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 7

That wouldn't be a problem in my house because we are always freezing in the winter time, but yes, baking will kill any bacteria.

babapeela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babapeela Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 7

eggs are fine on the counter. They do not need to be kept in the fridge. here in the UK supermarkets they are on the shelves and not in the fridge.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 7

they are fine. most of the time you want to bring eggs to room temp before using them anyway. I have butter and eggs sitting out often.

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 7

Well, considering eggs have been in the old times and still are gathered in all kinds of conditions, some of those eggs have sat in 100+ F weather. I would definitely use them. thumbs_up.gif

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 7

All letting them sit out in cool room did was age them somewhat faster than refrigerator temperatures would have. It definitely wouldn't have caused them to be contaminated.

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 13 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks folks! I had brought them home from the store and planned on using them last night, but never got to it. My house is so chilly that they didn't get too warm icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%