post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by janebrophy

LOL cownsj, it's like doing a public service right? icon_wink.gif

EXACTLY! Just trying to do my part here. icon_lol.gif

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawncr Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 8:18am
post #32 of 34

I've been searching for the "best" red velvet recipe, too.

You've probably already seen this, but the Bake More babe has a fabulous comparison of recipes on her blog. She has many recipes on a spreadsheet that allows one to compare differences. It's really valuable, in addition to the blog post.

http://thebakemore.blogspot.com/2009/11/ultimate-red-velvet-cake-taste-off-8.html

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 28 Jan 2011 , 4:04pm
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncr

I've been searching for the "best" red velvet recipe, too.

You've probably already seen this, but the Bake More babe has a fabulous comparison of recipes on her blog. She has many recipes on a spreadsheet that allows one to compare differences. It's really valuable, in addition to the blog post.

http://thebakemore.blogspot.com/2009/11/ultimate-red-velvet-cake-taste-off-8.html

What a great link. And yes, Cakeman Raven's has been my favorite. Though I will qualify that and say that Bobby Flay's is actually much better, providing, and this is the important part, you eat it immediately. If you wait til morning, it's as dry as can be. So it didn't surprise me that his was #7. I do wonder if the his would have scored higher had they been able to be eaten the same day. Of course, no cake is going to work if it has to be served that quickly. We just can't bake, decorate and serve the same day.

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 29 Jan 2011 , 6:08pm
post #34 of 34

I tried out Martha Stewarts red velvet..it was really good!!!
I just posted the pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%