How Do I Make Flawless Chocolate Curls?

Decorating By DH2008 Updated 10 Dec 2010 , 10:53pm by LisaPeps

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 6

Any tips on easy & great looking chocolate curls. Need to make some for cupcakes I have coming up in a few days. Thanks.

5 replies
BluntlySpeakingKarma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BluntlySpeakingKarma Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

By making a whole bunch first that aren't flawless, then figure out how to make them better by either adjusting the thickness of the chocolate, the temperature, the angle of your hand, the tool you are using, etc., etc. Have you not ever made any before?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntlySpeakingKarma

By making a whole bunch first that aren't flawless, then figure out how to make them better by either adjusting the thickness of the chocolate, the temperature, the angle of your hand, the tool you are using, etc., etc. Have you not ever made any before?

Perfect.

DH2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DH2008 Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 6

No. This will be my first time and I don't even know where to start. What tools are good for this?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Dec 2010 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 6

You can use a bench scraper, a spoon, a cheese cutter, a paring knife, a spatula, etc.

It's all temperature temperature temperature.

I'd suggest using summer coating or candy melts--whatever chocolate you are using should already be in temper--melt it--spread it out on something, the counter, a marble top, some acetate, whatever and wait till it's not tacky but not set up and scrape it. Plan on doing this over & over & you'll get it. Just re-melt & re-do.

icon_biggrin.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%