Help..not Sure How To Do This Without Colors Bleeding..

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 11 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake with 3 different colors running off to the side of the cake also. SO, the colors are silver, white and dk blue. Each color is sectioned on cake..but how can I do this without the color bleeding onto eachother using van. icing..NO fondant?? PLease let me know asap. I have done cakes with colors, but not a big amt. on each section. Thanks!

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 5

Do you have a picture of the effect you want?

jenscreativity Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 5

No I'm soo sorry..basically just how do you part your sections off with coloring without colors bleeding onto eachother at the border? Hope this makes sense..I'm doing a texas shaped cake and it has 3 divided colors, if you google some ideas on the texas shape, you can see the colors sectioned off.

Thanks so much!

Jenscreativity

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 5

Colored icing probably won't bleed into the other icing.
If you are just using food color it might be more unstable.

You just pipe it or spread it on there--if it's gonna bleed--how it's applied is not a factor. If you make the icing with milk it will be less likely to bleed--and watch the chill factor so it doesn't condensate.

I don't think I fully understand your question.

You can pipe an outline around each section first--is that what you mean?

jenscreativity Posted 11 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, I will pipe an outline first then fill in the sections of texas state...I didn't want colors to run over other colors from the outline mainly. I don't use milk in my icing so it should be ok..I'll try it.

thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%