Airbrush Machine!!

Decorating By Angela93 Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 11:35pm by ConfectionsCC

Angela93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angela93 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking to buy an airbrush machine to add to my decorating supplies! but i want to make sure i get a good one! any recommendations?? i found some kits on amazon for under $150 so i'd like to stay in that price rangeicon_smile.gif THANKS FOR ANY FEEDBACK!

4 replies
bakingatthebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingatthebeach Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:02pm
post #2 of 5

I just bought the masterkit airbrush from amazon for $69 and it works great. Its the one with the mini compressor. The only complaint I have with it was it did not come with instructions on how to put the hose onto the compressor and then airbrush. But my hubby figured it out, then I couldnt figure out why it would shoot air but no color, after going through it from beginning to end, my hose wasnt totally screwed on to the compressor. It really works well, I used it to color my ornament cakes in my pics.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingatthebeach

I just bought the masterkit airbrush from amazon for $69 and it works great. Its the one with the mini compressor. The only complaint I have with it was it did not come with instructions on how to put the hose onto the compressor and then airbrush. But my hubby figured it out, then I couldnt figure out why it would shoot air but no color, after going through it from beginning to end, my hose wasnt totally screwed on to the compressor. It really works well, I used it to color my ornament cakes in my pics.

Ditto on that entire response!! I have the same machine and LOVE IT. I called the manufacturer and asked how to hook up the hose, its SO easy, I really should have figured it out myself! Perfect machine for a first time user, I think I will use it for a long time! Don't see myself "growing out of it"

diamonds-and-rust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamonds-and-rust Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 5

I have that system as well, and so far so good. I have been practicing with it today and I think it will be fine for my needs...basically just using it to color fondant and apply "sheen" Americolors to accent pieces. I am curious as to why they don't include directions with this kit? They (TCP Global) has been selling this system for years, so you would think that by now they would catch a clue and include directions?? Oh well, my husband was able to figure it out for me....good luck to everyone with their new cake toy icon_smile.gif

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 5

Yea, I couldn't figure out why there were no instructions...but at least it was very simple! I love my machine, I use the americolor airbrush colors with it, and let me just say, I had gumpaste that I could not get black, so after making my peices like 4 times, I finally left them white, and airbrushed them black! Came out perfect! Super black, and very smooth and consistent color! Ive also done camo and shimmer with it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%