New Gift Ideas Please? Burned Out.

Lounge By CandyLady Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 12:42pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 10

I have a ton of Christmas molds but am tired of the same old ideas for Christmas gifts. My niece is a teacher and would like me to do gifts (small) for 10 associates at school. See anything cool and unique this year? I do more ornate like stackable decorated trees, standing reindeer, etc. Need something new and cute...I have done the mice as well. Appreciate anything cute you have see out there this year.

9 replies
Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 10

Have you done chocolate boxes?

CandyLady Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:42am
post #3 of 10

I have done boxes and believe I have a couple of christmas boxes...I have filled with small santa faces...last year I did the melting snowman for her class..I have done oreo reindeers, mice, pretzel rod molds, but always would love to find something new. The kids are easy, the associates are harder...did triple dipped apples as well. As I said, brain is fried. One week to come up with something cute and unique.

marisab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisab Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:14am
post #4 of 10

What about something simple like these brownine bites. Basically they are just brownies cut with a circle cutter decorated with fondant holly leaves and berries.

marisab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisab Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:15am
post #5 of 10
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 1:41am
post #6 of 10

CandyLady,
Have you ever seen the candy trains made from life savers and assorted wrapped candies? There's no baking involved, though. You just glue together rolls of lifesavers, packs of gum and assorted other candies. If you google "lifesaver candy train" you will see what it looks like. You can vary the candies and use any kind you want.

What are the mice you referred to?

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 3:37am
post #7 of 10

Last year I made fudge in Christmas cupcake wrappers and decorated them with RI snowman faces, poinsettias, Christmas trees and holly leaves. They were fun to make and cute!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1547304

CandyLady Posted 8 Dec 2010 , 12:46pm
post #8 of 10

thank you for the ideas. I love the little boxes of fudge. I can make any chocolate but my fudge always seem to get grainy...any ideas?

As for the question on the mice...I make a solid (sucker) round base of chocolate...make pb ball and dip in chocolate for the body, add a homemade choc kiss for face...candy eyes, red hot nose, I use the "smarties" in the rol lfor ears...and then add a present mold after I glue him down...very cute.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:56am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyLady

thank you for the ideas. I love the little boxes of fudge. I can make any chocolate but my fudge always seem to get grainy...any ideas?

Thanks! I went through so much trial and error with that fudge! My coworkers were my guinea pigs and I was bringing in a new recipe daily! I also have high altitutude issues...the boiling point is lower here so I had to adjust every recipe I tried. Some of them got ugly icon_lol.gif . I actually settled on a recipe from my old (wedding gift 27 years ago!) Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cook Book. If you'd like the recipe, please email me and I'll scan it to send to you tomorrow.

CandyLady Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:42pm
post #10 of 10

Hi Elcee: I would love your fudge recipe...and I appreciate all of you guys and your insight. Pat ([email protected])

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%