Need Idea For Retirement Cake

Decorating By JuliaAnna Updated 12 Dec 2010 , 1:15am by cakesrock

JuliaAnna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliaAnna Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 4

I've recently been asked to make a retirement cake for someone at work. It doesn't have to be real fancy, but I'd like it to be somewhat relevant to the job he did. This man is a frail, simple man who spent many years walking the campus picking up litter with his litter stick and putting it in a bucket. Basically, he picked up after everyone and kept the campus looking clean. I had an idea of somehow using a golden bucket and litter stick on the cake. Someone else suggested writing "Life 'picks up' after retirement". I'm not very good with coming up with my own ideas. I'm not extremely skilled with the fondant and gum paste, although I think I could sculpt the bucket and stick. Anyone have any clever ideas? I'd be really greatful. I have to have this cake for Dec. 22.

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 4

hi, i truly like what you said about the gold bucket and stick and writing what the op said. That is really cute. hth

IgemZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IgemZ Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 8:40am
post #3 of 4

I like the bucket and stick idea but the first thing that came to mind is someone sitting on a beach chair under a palm tree relaxing. Maybe you can put in a little garbage can with clean up tools tossed away to signify the end of that chapter?

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 12 Dec 2010 , 1:15am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgemZ

I like the bucket and stick idea but the first thing that came to mind is someone sitting on a beach chair under a palm tree relaxing. Maybe you can put in a little garbage can with clean up tools tossed away to signify the end of that chapter?

LUV this idea!
And for someone who claims to not be good at coming up with ideas, I think the gold bucket is super creative! Please post pic after!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%