I Know,i Know..another "how Much Would You Charge"

Decorating By Donnabugg Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 2:01am by Donnabugg

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 1:23am
post #1 of 7

I have an inquiry needing a cake to feed approx 75. Using the Wilton chart I could go with a 10, 8 and 6 but that's 74. I guess the next size up would be 12, 8, 6 but now I'm up to 118 correct? Are there any other alternatives I'm not thinking of? What would you charge for this for 10,8,6? Thanks!!

Guess CC still isn't allowing us to attach pictures from here (or it's me) it's the whie one in my pictures with the blue fondant accents on the front.

6 replies
pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 1:47am
post #2 of 7

I think you may have answered your own question... you said you need to feed approx 75... 74 is pretty close.

But, you could got with a 6, 9, 12 which feeds 100 or you can double the height of the top tier and have an addition 12 servings bringing your total to 86.

For me, I charge additional for certain flavors, but I would charge about $300.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 1:54am
post #3 of 7

11x8x5 is 80 servings give or take.

Donnabugg Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:21am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggie78

I think you may have answered your own question... you said you need to feed approx 75... 74 is pretty close.

But, you could got with a 6, 9, 12 which feeds 100 or you can double the height of the top tier and have an addition 12 servings bringing your total to 86.

For me, I charge additional for certain flavors, but I would charge about $300.

I'm trying to stick with the pans I already have...I haven't seen the ones you mentioned at Michaels. ( Just starting so need those 40% off deals!) You mentioned making the top tier taller? I bake two 3" layers making it 6" tall (roughly)...and servings are 1" so how can you get more servings? Wouldn't there be the same amount only taller? Does this make sense?

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 2:28am
post #5 of 7

The tiers on the cake in your pics look really tall - so I think you would be safe with the 6+8+10, if you do the layers taller, which should stretch the servings. Unless the customer wants to guarantee there are 75 servings, otherwise I would encourage them to go with something that will give them more servings.

My pricing depends on flavours, but personally I would charge around $225-$250 for a cake like that. Lovely design btw.

Hope that helps!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 7 Dec 2010 , 3:21am
post #6 of 7

I assume you are talking to K8 about the pan sizes as you can get 9's and 12's at Michaels.

To get the extra 12 servings, you make each 6" "tier" 3-4" high, support and stack together. Then you ice it as one large tier. When the cut the cake, you split it where you have your support/board.

Donnabugg Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:01am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for your help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%