Does Any One Use A Store Bought Cake Mix And Add Ingredients

Decorating By pheonix31571 Updated 6 Dec 2010 , 11:53pm by madgeowens

pheonix31571 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pheonix31571 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 9:04pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I just wanted to know if you always bake from scratch or use a cake mix and add ingredients to make it loose that box mix taste?

Thanks,

Linda

7 replies
cakinallday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinallday Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 8

I've seen both there is a thread on here. Type WASC in the search bar. or look in the forums. So many choices......

jo3d33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo3d33 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 8

Yes. The WASC cake is what I like to use. No one can ever tell it is made from a box. They are super moist, taste great and everyone I have made them for loves them. Search WASC and you will find all sorts of good recipes on this site.

pheonix31571 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pheonix31571 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 8

what does wasc stand for? Sorry new to this icon_rolleyes.gif

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 8

Stands for White Almond Sour Cream cake. If you mouse-over the letters, a little box should pop up and tell you. The site is set up to do that on the most common abbreviations used on the site. Very helpful, since I don't know what the abbreviations are half the time either!

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:23pm
post #6 of 8

I always use WASC and variations for other flavors. It'll stir up a hornets nest to say it doesn't taste any different than scratch.

But my customers LOVE it!

MissFluff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissFluff Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 8

I made my first WASC cake this afternoon. Very tasty, but I think I undercooked it a little. icon_smile.gif I used cream soda in place of the water. Might not do that the next time. The cream soda and the almond extract gave it a VERY overpowering vanilla smell, and not in a good way.

It tasted ok except the parts that I undercooked.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 6 Dec 2010 , 11:53pm
post #8 of 8

My family likes the taste of cake mix cakes best, and they love wasc....I also add that to chocolate cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%