Need Help For The Future

Decorating By Tracy71 Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 5:42pm by Tracy71

Tracy71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy71 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 5

So, I made a deer head this weekend using a PVC structure. I had a difficult time getting the cereal treat to stick to the pipe.... Especially the back of the head because of gravity. Can anyone tell me the best way to stick cereal treats to the PVC pipe?

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 5

i think they have had this problem on ace of cakes - cant remember how they solved it! possibly chocolate as a glue???
xx

Tracy71 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 5

I was thinking that maybe marshmallow cream might work. What do you think?

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 5

IF, that part of the cake isn't going to be eaten, you could cover the pipe in duct tape or something not as slick as the pvc to help it stick.

Another thing I've started doing with RKT is to cover with candy melts after I shape it. I tried that for the first time last summer when the heat kept melting my marshmallow and I was doing a space ship that was crashing on an angle (the buzz lightyear cake in my photos). I found it hold the RKT solid (once it sets up in the fridge), and doesn't move. If you could mold the RKT around the pipe enough to hold it's shape laying down, I would suppose you could try coating it well with candy melts and letting it setup before standing it up.

Edited to say: OOps, sorry, I thought the photo was in here, but here is a link to see it. There are 6 photos showing the different angles so you can see that the ship is on an angle going into the cake: http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll426/ShelbyLynnCakes/?action=view¤t=Buzz1.jpg

Tracy71 Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 5

Ooh.....that is a great idea....I will try that next time as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%