Iso: Raspberry Filling

Baking By HammIamm Updated 6 Sep 2005 , 6:24pm by TraciJ

HammIamm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HammIamm Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 3:10am
post #1 of 10

what do you all use for raspberry filling?? jam? pie filling?? let me know, thanks!

9 replies
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 3:18am
post #2 of 10

this is where I go to buy my fillings. Prices are very good except for cream cheese is too high. Raspberry is $2.60 for two pounds. It will store for a long time in a cool, dark place

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/minicake.aspx?T=1&SubCatId=798

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 5:49am
post #3 of 10

You could buy raspberry filling that comes in plastic sleeves at a cake supply shop or bakery.

Or you could use seedless raspberry jam or preserves by itself or add a little buttercream to it.

Try a search on this topic, I know it's been discussed before and lots of good ideas and recipes were suggested.

icon_smile.gif

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 10

i add raspberry puree to ital. merginue buttercream and it is delicious!! one of my favorites!!

TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 10

I just did a raspberry filling and used buttercream mixed with raspberry chambourd filling. Very, very yummy! There are seeds, but the ratio of filling to the buttercream makes it so that the seeds are pretty minimal.

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 2:16am
post #6 of 10

I just use buttercream and add seedless raspberry jam. I HATE seeds so I make sure and get the seedless. Very yummy!

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 4:23am
post #7 of 10

One way to get rid of the seeds is to heat the jam over med heat on the stove and then sift through a small seive. Works great!!

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 10

good idea pinkbunny, the seedless is usually more expensive...

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 6:17pm
post #9 of 10

I just use seedless jam. No muss, no fuss.

Debbi

TraciJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TraciJ Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 10

I am not a huge fan of seeds either. Weird thing about that raspberry chambourd filling that I did -- it had seeds (used a small amount), but when I ate the cake I couldn't even tell they were there. Now, if I would have used it straight up I would've hated it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%