Guitar Cake For 16 Year Old

Decorating By Meagan0079 Updated 5 Dec 2010 , 9:15pm by DeezTreatz

Meagan0079 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagan0079 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 10:47am
post #1 of 6

I'm doing a cake on the 19th for a guitar loving soon-to-be 16 year old. I don't like the idea of using the Wilton guitar shaped pan... any ideas would be lovely!! Thanks!

5 replies
Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 6

I have this tutorial I found a while back, hope this helps...http://carlbayercakes.com/cakes-from-the-past/play-a-sweet-tune-on-this-guitar.html

Shermie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shermie1 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 6

I did a guitar grooms cake a couple months ago. It's in my pictures. I used a template drawn from a real guitar to shape cake. Handle and accents were chocolate fondant. It was fun to make

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 6

I made a guitar cake for my nephew's 15th bday. He was getting a new guitar for his bday so I traced the guitar onto foam board and made it template. Covered it in fondant and made all the "gear" from fondant. It was pretty cool & he loved it! I think using a template (life size or scaled down) is a great way to go!You can see the results in my pics.

Twilmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twilmore Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 4:13am
post #5 of 6

I did one a couple of months ago for a girl. Instead of using a full guitar I made a 3 tiered cake with zebra and leapord print on it. Then on the middle layer I made a bunch of little guitars and painted them all different designs. I added some stars for the rock star feeling.Here is the link to the picture. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1830687.html

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 5 Dec 2010 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 6

Hey!

One of the first cakes i've made was a electric quitar - it wasn't my best cake lol
But I carved it by just looking at a picture - and I used black licorice for stings, and banana candy for the tuners(?) and black sweet tarts! Check it out in my pics if you'd like!
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%