Louis Vuitton Logo Help

Decorating By woodyfam Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 11:32pm by -K8memphis

woodyfam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodyfam Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 1:28am
post #1 of 11

I am making a cake for a good friend and I really want her to love it. It will be a Louis Vuitton purse. I have everything figured out except how to put the logo on the fondant. I am not a professional but am pretty crafty. Can anyone think of a somewhat simple way to copy the logo. The thought of freehand scares me to death. I was thinking of making a stencil from a computer image but I don't really know how to do that. Any thoughts? I really appreciate any help!

10 replies
cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 1:57am
post #2 of 11

I made a LV purse cake and at first I was so freaked out about doing it freehand BUT there was no other way (for me) to get it done right... I tried the stncil and that didnt work out, so I practiced doing it freehand and it came out great! I'll see if I can attach a picture to this so you can see how it came out.

Remember its cake art, HAVE FUN with this and try to be as calm as possible, go to your special place and go with the flow... Enjoy! HTH icon_smile.gif

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 11

yep, i agree! free hand was the only way to go for me too! i tried cutting the images on my cricut cake (after i had copied them to SCAL) but it just wasn't coming out right. i tried to make a stencil but again, i couldn't cut them (too small, too intricate). so i said to myself, i guess i'll have to paint them on, and they came out MUCH better than i thought they would!!! the cake is in my pics icon_smile.gif just get a picture of the LV logo and emblems and have it next to you as you paint. also make your gold color pretty thick so it goes on and is visible. a good, tiny paintbrush is your best friend on this task! post a pic when you're done icon_smile.gif

cakesdelight Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:04am
post #4 of 11

OK so I wasnt able to attach a picture, BUT I was able to load it to my photos, its the only purse cake there. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #5 of 11

The easiest way is probably with cutters (the sugarshack - SharonZambito way)...you can find links posted on this thread:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=689014&highlight=sugarshack

By the way, Sharon now sells an instructional DVD showing how to make the actual purse in the above link, although this one isn't a Louis (for copyright reasons, I'm sure).
here's a link to it: http://sugaredproductions.com/_product_85116/Sweet_Luxuries_DVD

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #6 of 11

Are you talking about the little diamond shapes and circles with the four leaf clovers?

I just went to the Louis Vuitton website to look for it (I'm unfamiliar with this logo). Not all the handbags have it printed all over the purse. Does your friend want that kind?

If you have to do it, the only thing I can come up with is copying a picture on your computer, get the pattern to size and print it.

Then, take your print out, lay it under wax paper and pipe over the template the shapes with some royal icing. You could even use a brush to make it a little thinner and move it around so it is perfectly shaped. Then peel them off after they dry and stick on them on your cake with some royal icing.

Best of luck. Post pics and tell us what you come up with!

woodyfam Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 11:56am
post #7 of 11

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I think I will try both techniques and see what works. The LV doesn't scare me as much as the little circles and flowers. I will definitely post a picture! Thanks again!

woodyfam Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 9:02pm
post #8 of 11

I posted the picture of the finished cake. I did it freehand and I think it turned out super cute. Thank you all for giving me the courage!

cakesdelight Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 11:03pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfam

I posted the picture of the finished cake. I did it freehand and I think it turned out super cute. Thank you all for giving me the courage!

It came out Great! I looks good! icon_smile.gif

cakesdelight Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 11:03pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfam

It came out Great! I looks good! icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 11:32pm
post #11 of 11

You did a great job--it has such personality!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%