Easy,and Tasty Cookie Recipes

Baking By alicfisher Updated 26 Nov 2010 , 12:51pm by Ambar2

alicfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicfisher Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 10:00am
post #1 of 3

I am looking for a new cookie recipe. I normally use a great gingerbread one, but would like to try something else. I place my gingerbread cookies in cello bags and heat seal them. I ate one that was 6 weeks old and was a fresh as the day they were cooked.

2 replies
noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 10:24am
post #2 of 3

what do you mean by heat seal? sounds interesting.. im also looking for cookie recipes and ways to store them so i can bake ahead for my sons birthday

Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 3

yesterday I made swinnamon roll cookies, they actually looked and tasted like cinnamon rolls. I used a basic cookie dough that you could do cut outs with, but Ive also done them with sugar cookie dough. I just wanted them to be more on the crispy side.

1/3 C unsalted butter
1/4 C granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1/2 tsp Almond extract and 1/2 tsp Vanilla)

1 Tbs of cinnamon to press on cookie dough

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk ( I used melted butter to desired consistency) it tasted better
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. add egg and vanilla. Add all remaining ingredients. Chill dough for 15 mins.
2. On piece of waxed paper, shape 1 tablespoon cinnamon into a line about 5 inches long. Using floured fingers, shape 1 tablespoon of dough into a rope 5 inches long. Press one side of dough rope into cinnamon.
3. On ungreased cookie sheet, coil dough rope tightly, cinnamon side facing center, into cinnamon-roll shape. Press end of rope into roll to seal. Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
4. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
5. In small bowl, mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.

(For the sugar cookie version, you could use a packaged dry mix of sugar cookie dough, following prep instructions on the package or use your fave recipe adding the cinnamon to the dough). cant get any easier than this...and they taste awesome. Hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%