Please Help. 30Th Birthday Cake To Do Next Week. Need Ideas!

Decorating By stephlea09 Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 9:00am by stephlea09

stephlea09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephlea09 Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 8:27am
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am new to decorating and only ever done 2 but I have been asked to make a 30th birthday cake for my mums friend. she has given me free reign on it and im stuck. I want to make incorporate all her favourite things but not spend much money.
All I have been told is that it has to be single tier, her favourite colour is purple, she likes hardcore dance music and polar bears. I know that her friends and family are very important to her and she isn't the slightest bit girly. Im so stuck for ideas!! Please help icon_sad.gif

3 replies
VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 8:45am
post #2 of 4

Mirror ball cake? with a little polar bear in flares looking groovy. When I read dance music I immediately thought of Dancing witht he Stars and the mirror ball trophy. I just did a quick search and found a mirror ball cake. Looks like just a ball pan and covered in fondant squares and painted silver. It's hard to suggest when I don't know the person. There was a tutorial on hear showing how to make pooh bear, you could easily adapt it make a polar bear instead.

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 8:54am
post #3 of 4

If it was me, I'd surf the net. Polar bears are so timely now so there's lots of cake pics out there. If you could make a couple bears in a dancing stance and maybe treble clefs on wire. Could have the bears holding iphones. I would use purple as an accent color only as purple tends to change color. Just think outside the box.

stephlea09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephlea09 Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 9:00am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronicaLuis

Mirror ball cake? with a little polar bear in flares looking groovy. When I read dance music I immediately thought of Dancing witht he Stars and the mirror ball trophy. I just did a quick search and found a mirror ball cake. Looks like just a ball pan and covered in fondant squares and painted silver. It's hard to suggest when I don't know the person. There was a tutorial on hear showing how to make pooh bear, you could easily adapt it make a polar bear instead.

i love the mirror ball idea! i might just try that.. Ive had a few ideas but nothin has really jumped out at me. thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%