Roses

Decorating By Savybee Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 4:45pm by Savybee

Savybee Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 10

I am having a hard time doing the roses. icon_sad.gif Anyone have any tricks or tips? I have only tried 3 or 4 times. I have practiced but its still very hard. any tips?

9 replies
Bakingangel Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 10

Welcome to CC! Are you talking about icing roses or fondant?

brincess_b Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 10

you will really need to post some pictures too so we can see where the problems might be. but keep practising!
xx

Mika0201 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 10

If you're talking about buttercream roses it could be the consistency of the icing or the positioning of your bag and tip.

icer101 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 10

there are many buttercream rose tutorial on youtube.com. and also wilton.com. click on rose video. i teach these at michaels and always tell the students to go to wilton site and youtube for more help.hth

warchild Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 10

Hi savybee, welcome to CC.

Click on link below. Its the "how do I forum" You'll find a lot more help there, than this magazine forum.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forum-14.html

Also, heres one of many youtube videos on making buttercream roses.
Good luck and have fun! thumbs_up.gif

Savybee Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 3:25am
post #7 of 10

Wow thanks everyone. I have one question. When i comment on someones cake, and then they comment back. How do i know they commented back? I will make roses soon and upload pics. I made some halloween cupcakes as well. Those were easy. Its frosting roses.

indydebi Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:32am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savybee

Wow thanks everyone. I have one question. When i comment on someones cake, and then they comment back. How do i know they commented back?

You won't get a notification if they comment back on a pic. Some of us (me included) if I reply to a question on one of our pics, will send a PM to the person telling them "I replied to your question". not all do.

If you're looking for a comment back, you might go the PM route so you'll be notified.

madgeowens Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:50am
post #9 of 10

Savybee it just takes patience and practice......hang in there and wecome to cc..check youtube for tutorials on buttercream roses too

Savybee Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:45pm
post #10 of 10

Alright thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%