Can I Go Back To Michael's For This?

Lounge By Elcee Updated 24 Nov 2010 , 4:11pm by Elcee

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 9

OK, I wouldn't really go back. I just wanted to gripe a bit. I went with a coupon the other day. I was buying all my Christmas packaging, which is why I didn't realize it at the time but today when I was going over my receipt I noticed they applied my 40% off to a $2.49 item and not my fondant icon_cry.gif.

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 12:52am
post #2 of 9

They are supposed to apply it to the most expensive single item but I too have noticed they have not done that sometimes before...It is frustrating!!Probably not worth the trip in gas...

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #3 of 9

hmm, was the fondant on sale? I used to work at Michaels (in canada) and we scanned the coupon at the end of the transaction and it automatically came off the highest regular priced item. If there is a big price difference, and your michaels isnt to far, i'd go back, but thats just me!

Elcee Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 2:44am
post #4 of 9

Maybe I'll hang onto the receipt and ask next time I'm in. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. The fondant wasn't on sale that I know of but I can check, it could have been.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 4:33am
post #5 of 9

As was said it should have come off the highest regular priced item. When used at the end of the transaction, the computer does it. I'm thinking maybe they rang the coupon before the fondant. Or I'd it was Duff, maybe it is excluded from the coupon?

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 6:02am
post #6 of 9

Duff's usually isn't excluded, but I'm pretty sure it's on sale for 25% off this week. Check your receipt to see if you paid less usual for the fondant.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 6:08am
post #7 of 9

I also keep a close eye on checkers when I have a coupon like that or discount bin stuff or whatever. Jobs like that can make you go cross eyed, so it is my responsibility to make sure i get my due.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 9

Look on your reciept, if there is a down ward facing arrow on the right hand side of the price it is an item that was on sale. If your fondant doesn't have that arrow, take the reciept back to the store and ask to speak to a manager, because someone or the computer screwed up somewhere. icon_smile.gif

Elcee Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 4:11pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Look on your reciept, if there is a down ward facing arrow on the right hand side of the price it is an item that was on sale. If your fondant doesn't have that arrow, take the reciept back to the store and ask to speak to a manager, because someone or the computer screwed up somewhere. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar, it was Duff's fondant. It shows a price of 14.99 (I'm pretty sure it's usually 19.99) and there's an N next to the price.

I just did the math and...

Cheatize, I think you're right. 25% off 19.99 would bring the price to 14.99 and make it ineligible for the coupon. Lesson learned! icon_redface.gif I need to pay more attention. I've been stocking up on both Wilton and Duff's to mix together for a large cake. I'd have purchased a Wilton had I known.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%