Ideas On An Accent For A Cake

Decorating By Colliegirl Updated 25 Nov 2010 , 4:53am by cakesrock

Colliegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Colliegirl Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 2

Hi folks, I am in a dilemma here. I have a 21st to do for this weekend. The cake is to have black and gold and originally we were going to do it as a present with bows on it. The customer is the mother of the girl and calls her "her little ray of sunshine" so I thought it would be nice to go with that theme in a classic way.

Now I have a very loose picture in mind of an accent being the sun in gold. To do this I have moulded a half ball shape of fondant and when it is dry I thought of painting it gold. Then I thought of putting like squiggles coming out of it for the sun's rays. Has anyone ideas of how to do this or anything else that might be ok for this?

Sorry for the length but I thought I would let you know first what was going through my mind. icon_smile.gif

1 reply
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 4:53am
post #2 of 2

I would cut/shape the squiggles out of fondant too - sounds really cute! Are you still going to do the present? If so, you could make the "wrapping paper" black with little gold suns all over it. Cut little circle out of fondant and do the little mini squiggly lines. Instead of painting gold, I have found that doing a fondant as close to gold as possible (even tan), then dry brushing gold works waaay better than painting. Good luck - please post photo after!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%