Sharon Zambito....thank You!

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 2:24am by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 23

Hi Cakers!

Please allow this post to thank someone that I truly admire in the cake world. Sharon Zambito!

She alone has truly changed my cake results. Through her DVD's, products and help from here, my cakes really have improved. Please do not take this is any big headed wrong way!! My cakes still need improvement and are by no means close to what Sharon can do. However, they are improving from 4 years ago.

I made a princess cake this weekend and used one of Sharon's creations for my inspiration. She has a castle on one of her cakes that I just loved. I tried my best to make one. I think it came out good.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1875178.html

If you do not know Sharon or heard of her products, I strongly recommend you visit her site: www.Sugaredproductions.com

Thank you Sharon!!!
Michael icon_biggrin.gif

22 replies
Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 23

Awesome job on your castle cake! Your buttercream looks flawless. Woohoo! icon_biggrin.gif

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 23

All of your cakes are gorgeous, and I LOVE the flowers on the castle cake! I think I'm going to have a few DVDs on my Christmas list this year. icon_razz.gif

Mikel79 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 3:07pm
post #4 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasey

Awesome job on your castle cake! Your buttercream looks flawless. Woohoo! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you! The BC is a recipe from Sharon!! =)

Michael

Mikel79 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin3085

All of your cakes are gorgeous, and I LOVE the flowers on the castle cake! I think I'm going to have a few DVDs on my Christmas list this year. icon_razz.gif

Thank you!

sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 23

Your cake is so adorable!! I love it! I recently was lucky enough to pick up a small job for some extra cash, and decided to buy some of Sharons videos. This only reinforces my purchase!! Thanks for posting

Mikel79 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 10:22pm
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart6710

Your cake is so adorable!! I love it! I recently was lucky enough to pick up a small job for some extra cash, and decided to buy some of Sharons videos. This only reinforces my purchase!! Thanks for posting

You will be very pleased with your purchase(s). Money well spent!

Michael

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 10:46pm
post #8 of 23

Sharon is Da Bomb! Love her and her DVDs! icon_smile.gif

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 11:37pm
post #9 of 23

Now I'm super excited to get home from work tonight! I was just informed that I have a package waiting for me from SugarEd. Yay!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 7:42am
post #10 of 23

Thank you Mikel! YOU are amazing. Your talent, and your crazy passion and committment to your craft inspire me!

Mikel79 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 12:20pm
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

Thank you Mikel! YOU are amazing. Your talent, and your crazy passion and committment to your craft inspire me!

Thank you Sharon!! My "talent" is only because of your amazing hard work you make available to inspiring cakers like myself!

Thanks again!

Michael

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 12:42pm
post #12 of 23

I too love Sharon's DVDs. I curse fondant much less because of her icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 6:35pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggie78

I too love Sharon's DVDs. I curse fondant much less because of her icon_smile.gif

I did give fondant a try before. Did not care for it. However, I think I am going to give it another try. Sharon has a Fondant DVD that makes fondant cakes look easy to do.

Thanks
Michael

Mikel79 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 11:37am
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdragon997

Now I'm super excited to get home from work tonight! I was just informed that I have a package waiting for me from SugarEd. Yay!

icon_biggrin.gif

You will not be dissapointed!

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 2:30pm
post #15 of 23

I have 4 of her DVDs and I love each and every one of them! My BC recipe differs from hers, but I use her technique to mix it and it turns out fabulous! And so do most of my cakes thanks to her BC DVD.

She is also a very nice and gracious person. I"ve "known" her from another caking website since before she was *famous*. I call her the Divine Ms. Z! Luv ya, Sharon!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 8:00pm
post #16 of 23

Love you Missy! My baking angel still sits on my kitchen shelf. I love her!! <3

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 9:05pm
post #17 of 23

I just ordered tappits!!!! I'm excited.

ThePurpleButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePurpleButterfly Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 9:38pm
post #18 of 23

Wonder if she'll offer us some kind of Black Friday/Cyber Monday special on her DVDs. icon_wink.gif

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 9:45pm
post #19 of 23

I will be watching just in case icon_wink.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 9:50pm
post #20 of 23

Sharon is tha best in my world icon_smile.gif ---not only is she nice, humble, helpful, courteous, kind, friendly, but she never minds sharing her expertise and answering questions...Sharon rocks!!! thumbs_up.gif

I hope someday I can take a class with her icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Posted 25 Nov 2010 , 2:26pm
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyTex

I have 4 of her DVDs and I love each and every one of them! My BC recipe differs from hers, but I use her technique to mix it and it turns out fabulous! And so do most of my cakes thanks to her BC DVD.

She is also a very nice and gracious person. I"ve "known" her from another caking website since before she was *famous*. I call her the Divine Ms. Z! Luv ya, Sharon!

icon_biggrin.gif
I like the Divine Ms. Z! I might have to adopt that!! =)

Mikel79 Posted 26 Nov 2010 , 10:37pm
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

I just ordered tappits!!!! I'm excited.

You will LOVE THEM!!!!

=)

Michael

Mikel79 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:24am
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Sharon is tha best in my world icon_smile.gif ---not only is she nice, humble, helpful, courteous, kind, friendly, but she never minds sharing her expertise and answering questions...Sharon rocks!!! thumbs_up.gif

I hope someday I can take a class with her icon_smile.gif

She has a BC class coming up in a couple of weeks. I wish I was able to attend!!! I "think" she has a couple more spots open. If really interested, email her!

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%