How Do You Arrange Your Time With Multiple Cake Orders?

Decorating By tennilley Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 12:40pm by indydebi

tennilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tennilley Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 5

I have 3 cake orders for the same day. Dec. 4th.. One is a 4 tiered wedding cake which will be covered in ivory fondant, scroll work and gumpaste roses and a hummingbird. The other is a fairly simple 2 tiered wedding cake and the last is a sculpted raiders shield cake to feed 60. How do you arrange your time when you have multiple cake orders? Should I bake and freeze or refridgerate? how long can the final product sit around? any suggestions or insight would be so appreciated!

Thanks!
Tennille

4 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5

Good for you!! Its geat to be busy. I bake all cakes on Wed, fill & crumb coat on thurs & decorate fri, sometimes when I have a lot of orders decorating spills into sat am. I find doimg 1 specific task each day keeps me from jumping aroung and spinning my wheels when I have a lot to do. If you are worried about time, you can always bake a week ahead & freeze.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:45am
post #3 of 5

I try to get everything baked on Sunday and Monday and into the freezer. Make all the icing, buy gumpaste flowers and make the hummingbird now. For a Sat delivery, pull all layers out on Thursday, fill, wrap, weight for settling overnight.
Friday decorate. Saturday deliver.

tennilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tennilley Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 4:11am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the input.. my ultimate problem is that I have 4 kids, 2 of which are under 3.. lol so the only time I have to decorate is when they are in bed, which means I'm up to 3 or 4am sometimes. lol.. I think I am going to freeze the cakes and make the frosting/fillings next week along with my roses and hummingbird.. Thanks again!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:40pm
post #5 of 5

freezing the cakes and making ALL of the icing ahead of time will make the whole job easier than you think.

Think "assembly line" productivity! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%