Prayer Requests Please!!!!!

Lounge By Christy0722 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 1:52pm by cabecakes

Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 9

Hey everyone.....One of our local police officers was shot 3 times yesterday afternoon. One of the people responsible has been caught and the other is still on the run. The officer underwent surgery and is reported to be doing OK. I'm just reaching out to my CC family to ask that each one of us say a prayer for John. He's very young, late 20's, married with a young son.
If each one of us would take 1 minute out of our day just to say a prayer for him I know the family would greatly appreciate it!!

If anyone would like any information about the story, you can find it at www.wral.com

Thank you so much!!!

8 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 9

I will keep him and his family in my prayers. My DH is a Police Chief, and this is every officers' nightmare. They put their lives on the line every time they walk out the door in their uniform. Please keep us posted.

Christy0722 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 9

Just to give an update....John is going in for his second surgery as I type. Also, the female suspect was apprehended just a short time ago and the male suspect took his own life. The man hunt is over and we feel much more safe. Now the important thing is that John makes a full recovery.
Thanks for your prayers Loucinda!

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 9

I will keep him and his family in my prayers. I wish for a speedy recovery so he can get home to his family.

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:49am
post #5 of 9

Praying for a swift recovery for John, and for the families of all involved.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:45am
post #6 of 9

Sending prayers and cyber {{{HUGS}}} to him and his family. God bless the police officers who risk their lives every day...they are truly cut out of a different cloth than most people. I can't imagine having such a risky job.

MissBlu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBlu Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:35am
post #7 of 9

Sending prayers to him and his family. I hope the community can come together and flush him out.

Christy0722 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:09pm
post #8 of 9

Another update....John made it thru surgery fine. He had to have a second surgery to repair his wrist where one of the bullets went through.

I thank everyone so much for their thoughts and prayers. I know you don't know John personally but God does and he listens to each and every one of us.

Please continue to keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:52pm
post #9 of 9

At least the monsters that did it are off the streets. I will say a prayer for John and his family. I can't imagine how scary it must be to send your spouse out into the world every day knowing that his/her life might be in danger.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%