Piping Scrolls???? Please Help!!!!!!!

Decorating By StephanieLynn Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 3:57pm by deah

StephanieLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephanieLynn Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 6

I want to learn how to pipe scroll work. Any advise on where to start? There are so many patterns out there I don't know where to start. What is the basic standard scroll pattern? My cake is due on Friday!

Please help!!!!!!

5 replies
millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

Here's a bump 'cause I'd like to hear some ideas too!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 6

For basic scrolls, if you have never done them, get the template kit from Wilton. I would never try to freehand scrolls esp if you are doing something new.

HTH
Kristy

StephanieLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephanieLynn Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 6

I have done a little scroll work. My piping skills are pretty good. I guess my question is what pattern, repetition, styles are used for a starting point? Some of the scroll work I am seeing no patterns and are seeing some followed strickly. I hope this makes sense.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 6

find a cake with scrolls that you like, then look at only small areas, scrolls are mostly long s shapes with a c shape attached to one side. sometimes there is a little e motion on the underside of the s. Make sure your icing flows well and keep you pressure even. I think that free hand scrolls look the best, you can certainly tell when someone has used a pattern. it takes a little practice.

deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

Take a look at this video, it helped me a lot - http://sugarteachers.blogspot.com/2010/07/creating-scrolls-on-your-cake-by-denise.html

Scroll down to the bottom for the video

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%