1St Wedding Cake

Decorating By Jess630 Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 3:17pm by Jan14grands

Jess630 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess630 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 9

I have my first wedding cake this weekend.....little nervous...little excited!
I've done a couple of practice cakes for design and such and feel pretty comfortable with everything....It's a 4 tier all bc cake, stacked, except the top tier is on pillars. Oh and it's sitting on top of a 3 foot round glass plate that is on top of wine glasses, upside down with lights inside. (hope that makes sense!) --thats the nervous part! just wondering if there's any last minute suggestions or tips out there? thanks!!

8 replies
Jess630 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 9

I should also mention that she wants candles sitting on each tier and around the cake....so I have those battery operated candles to sit inside votives....those wont be too heavy for the cake will they?

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:40pm
post #3 of 9

Yikes! I just broke out in a cold sweat reading your post-lol!! Please post a picture when it's all set up, I bet it will be gorgeous.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 9

I would assemble the stand and then set something heavy on top as a trial run...a four-tier cake weighs more than you might expect.

Also, what's the size difference between tiers? if it's less than 4" you may not have room for the votives.

Jess630 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 9

I'm doing 16-12-8-and then 6 on pillars....

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 9

How many wine glasses?

Jess630 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 9

well, I'm not sure....she showed me a picture and it looks like they are large wine glasses upside down with the plate on top. I would say the glasses weren't typical drinking glasses, they looked to be 5-6 inches around? She said her cousin had a 5 tier cake on this setup. She didn't seem to worried about it...guess I shouldnt be either??!?

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 9

WOW!!! and this is your first.... I am also sweating...lol please post a picture, good luck and I'll pray for steady hands.... lol

Jan14grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jan14grands Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:17pm
post #9 of 9

Yes, good luck!! It sounds like the set-up will be beautiful. Can't wait to see pics..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%