Rainbow Coloured Cupcakes?

Baking By Pickulz Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 9:03am by cyndiK

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 7:26am
post #1 of 4

I wanted to make cupcakes that are rainbow coloured from the inside. I figured I can make a yellow batter and add different colourings to colour my batter...but is there any particular way to put the batter into the cupcake liners? So that the colours dont mix and after baking i see vibrant colors??
Do I layer the colours in?

3 replies
tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 7:53am
post #2 of 4

I've made these before. They are fun, people love them. First I would use a white cake, not yellow, the colors will look better. Any white cake will do, mix scratch, or doctored mix such as WASC.

I separated the batter into 6 colors, purple, blue green, yellow, orange, and red, in that order. The batter doesn't need much color, they bake up brighter. I put the batter in 6 piping bags and swirl each color into the liners. It's not hard just time consuming and a fair amount of clean up. Happy baking.

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 8:17am
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much!!!!

cyndiK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyndiK Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 9:03am
post #4 of 4

I have also done this with white cake mix. I used the americolor electric colors. I love how vibrant they are. I just used spoons and dropped one spoonful in at a time until I got the desired height. Have fun with it=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%