Candlestick Cake Topper

Decorating By miriamshapiro Updated 10 Nov 2010 , 7:55pm by Cakegirl313

miriamshapiro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriamshapiro Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 6:00am
post #1 of 7

Hi,

Any advice how to make a candlestick cake topper? (edible....) I'm thinking rice krispies covered w/ fondant or gum paste? I need it to be STURDY! thanks

6 replies
Cakegirl313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl313 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 7

Depending on how big you would want it, I would probably go with the RKT and cover it in fondant. You can just put a dowel in it so it will stay in the top tier. Now if you don't need it to be real big you could use a 50/50 fondant to gumpaste to make it, or add tylose powder to fondant and I would still put a dowel in it.

miriamshapiro Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 6:06am
post #3 of 7

how to make silver?

Cakegirl313 Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 7

You can use silver luster dust and vodka or lemon extract to make a paint and just paint the fondant.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 7

Modeling chocolate or fondant over a wooden skewer. Leave enough of the skewer at the bottom to stick securely into the cake. I did something similar with a camping cake I made, only they were tall redwoods. I used fondant. Make sure you dampen the sticks so the fondant stick to them or use gum glue.

miriamshapiro Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 3:12am
post #6 of 7

what are the proportions of luster dust to vodka or lemon extract? thx!

Cakegirl313 Posted 10 Nov 2010 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 7

I hope someone can you give you the real amount here. I actually just mix until the consistancy that I want. Always start out with a little vodka and add slowly. You don't want it to get to thin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%