Speechless. How Would You Handle This E-Mail?

Decorating By eatCakes Updated 9 Nov 2010 , 3:07am by eatCakes

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:35pm
post #31 of 35

I can see how the comment may hurt your feelings, but I agree with others who have stated that it may not have been intentional. It's tough to tell things like this in e-mail because you can't hear tone of voice. I know I have said things like "man, I'm such a fatty!" just because I ate more food than I intended or had seconds on dessert so it's possible that she meant it that way. It's also possible that she did mean it the way it sounds.

Either way, if it makes you uncomfortable, just say you're booked up for that day.

PS You would think people would have enough sense not to use "inside joke" language in a professional type e-mail, but the public never ceases to amaze me!!

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 3:55pm
post #32 of 35

[quote="indydebi
Anyone see the "review" a columnist did for Marie-something magazine in which the writer, who admittedly had not watched the show "Mike and Molly" but said that she doesn't even like watching fat people take up space by walking across the room in front of her, and could not imagine anyone liking a show where fat people were dating.[/quote]

I saw that on the news, they were all talking about it, I think its sooooo sad..
she also said that fat people shouldnt kiss in public!!!! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif
What makes her better then anybody else???
As my Nan used to say " she thinks her s**t smells like roses" LOL
She would say about some ladies who weren't very nice or very polite...

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 4:18pm
post #33 of 35

I'm a "Fatty" but I wouldn't take it too seriously. I would just respond with something like this:

"Well, if that's the case- then I need to whip up something delicious! Us fatties have exceptional taste!"

Then when she picks up her order, she'll feel stupid. icon_smile.gif

eieio1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eieio1234 Posted 8 Nov 2010 , 9:01pm
post #34 of 35

I think it just comes down to how offended/hurt you are. You need to think it through and decide if you want her as a customer and then decide from there.

She sounds like she's going for a cheaper route, cake vs. cookies, so between that and her comment, there's a couple things to think about. If you do decide to take the order, I would just ignore the comment, be professional about it and just respond with a price range for cookies and cakes so she can see if she can even afford it.

eatCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatCakes Posted 9 Nov 2010 , 3:07am
post #35 of 35

Thanks everyone for your responses!! I'm still undecided, but I honestly don't think I'll have to worry about it once I tell her how much it will cost.

Oh, and for those that asked or wondered... she's very thin, she messaged me on facebook so I can see her picture. :/ I know it wasn't personal, she wasn't calling ME fat, but it rubbed me the wrong way. And my family jokes around too, we definitely say things that other people might take offense to... but we say them to each other, not to a perfect stranger who we're trying to do business with. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%