People Amaze And Disappoint Me!

Lounge By Renesaindon Updated 22 Nov 2010 , 4:01pm by Renesaindon

Renesaindon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renesaindon Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 4:01pm
post #61 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonds-and-rust

Rene, I am so sorry this happened to you. My sister, niece, and nephew are all teachers, and I am so very proud of all of them. God knows, you guys have to put up with soooo much political crap from the system, parents, and students. And waaaayyyy too many parents rely on YOU to raise their children, dumping all the responsibility on the teacher for what shouldl be taught at home. My neice teaches in inner-city Oakland and many of her students go to school hungry...she often spends her OWN money to help these kids...and God knows teachers are NOT compensated for your dedication, time, and talent. I know this doesn't really relate to your post, but I just wanted to let you know that I have the greatest respect for you and your profession. I hope things get better for you soon {{big hugs{{
Cathy

Wow! somehow I didn't get a message that I had another response (probably nabbed by the spam filter) but thank you so much! That really means a lot to me! You are very right. There was a point in time when I bought 3 computers for my classroom because technology was coming quickly and my district hadn't even thought about looking into computers yet. We do spend much of our own money on "our" kids because if we don't, they won't get it elsewhere. It is amazing how citizens think they own teachers and their time, as well. I think that many people think we aren't normal people just because we are teachers. It is really like living in an alternate world sometimes! People treat us in a fashion they would never accept being treated themselves but because we are teachers they fell they have a right to do it. It makes things very hard sometimes! However, when a kid has an ah hah! moment because of something you said or did, it is an awesome feeling! Or, better yet, when a kid comes to you with a problem and you can help them make it better or at least feel better, it is indescribable! The profession is honorable and awesome, we just have to put up with a lot of crap!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%