Dumb Question About Chocolate Transfers

Decorating By pmarks0 Updated 5 Nov 2010 , 3:09am by pmarks0

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 12:48am
post #1 of 6

I've done frozen buttercream transfers but I've seen all kinds of posts regarding chocolate transfers. Are they basically done the same way?

5 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 6

With chocolate transfers you spread the melted chocolate on the transfer or place the transfer inside your chocolate mold and then the chocolate hardens you peel off the transfer backing (kind of like a sticker) and the image is "printed" on your chocolate. I use these frequently for chcolates, they are an easy way to add a lot of style.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 6

I think the OP is referring to the chocolate transfers you create by outlining and filling in an image or logo. This is very much like a FBCT only on a smaller scale.

I think what AmyCakesNCandies is referring to are the images on acetate sheets that get transferred to melted chocolate then used as sheets or discs.

pmarks0, there are lots of threads discussing chocolate transfers. I'll try and find one I participated in a while back - it had a document posting with it.

Edited to add: Here's the link. http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-671110-chocolate.html+transfer

pmarks0 Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the link.

I was referring to the kind that are similar to a FBCT. But it's good to know about the other kind as well.

Thanks.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 5:10pm
post #5 of 6

Yes, they work just the same way except BETTER because the chocolate sets and won't smoosh around like buttercream and then you can pick up the piece and set it wherever you want, even stick it straight up. The only thing is you wouldn't want to do a whole solid cake top scene (like a FBCT) cause it will be difficult to cut through.

pmarks0 Posted 5 Nov 2010 , 3:09am
post #6 of 6

Thanks KoryAK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%