Ok Whip Cream Transfers Can You Do Them?

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 3 Nov 2010 , 1:17am by BlakesCakes

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I have been on CC for a while now and I do not believe that I have ever seen or hear anyone ever talk about whip cream transfersicon_cry.gif! I have to make a baby shower cake with whip cream and the mom to be wants baby feet on it, so my question is how would I go about putting these on the cake in different colors and doing it out of whip cream? Can you put them onto waxed paper like you do with BC transfers and will it freeze to be able to take off icon_redface.gif , and it there is a recipe that anyone has that will make it easier than pleasse send it my way. YOu woul smake me very icon_biggrin.gif . Tahnks

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 3

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt you can do it like a buttercream transfer. And since whip cream remains sticky it would be hard to do something like a piping gel transfer.

I'd say either use cookie cutters to leave an imprint and outline and fill in. Or consider something like a chocolate transfer. Which are done like the buttercream transfers only with chocolate or candy melts.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:17am
post #3 of 3

I agree with TS--whipped cream is not a medium suitable for "transfers".

You could do the footprints out of buttercream, chocolate (very thin or they may slide easily), or fondant (applied as close to delivery/serving as possible), but not whipped cream.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%