Airbrushing

Decorating By suzieq1980 Updated 1 Nov 2010 , 10:45am by suzieq1980

suzieq1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieq1980 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 5

I am thinking about buying the airbrushing kit but I haven't ever used one. Is it easier than coloring icing to cover a whole cake? How does it hold up room temp. on buttercream? Any advise would help. Thanks

4 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 5

Advice: Yes, it's easier... yes, it holds up. One disadvantage is if you accidentally touch your cake, the white icing beneath the color will show unless you're prepared to touch it up again with the airbrush.

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 5

I recently used red coloring for cookies. Gosh....it was bitter. I don't think that part of the cookie could be eaten. If you airbrushed red on, could you get the true red without it being as bitter? Thanks ahead of time.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 5

I think airbrushed buttercream has a different look than tinted buttercream. Fondant takes airbrushing better for a dark color but I still start out with a tinted fondant and then darken with the airbrush....I don't use the airbrush INSTEAD of color...only to darken color...or on buttercream, to add a two-toned effect.

suzieq1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieq1980 Posted 1 Nov 2010 , 10:45am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the comments. I haven't worked alot with fondant yet so I may hold off on getting the airbrush. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%