Foam Boards At Michael's/ac Moore

Decorating By sumerae Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 2:11pm by icer101

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone used those for the cake board? (the bottom one that you usually decorate to match the cake)

ETA: Let me clarify, the boards that are near the paper/project sections, I would have used it in school for project displays)

4 replies
shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 5

I have read that some have double them up with two layers and used them for cakes that are not too heavy.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 5

I use 1 layer of foamcore board that is 1/2 inch thick. I love it for my tiered cakes, because when you use the wooden dowels for your support system with a long center dowel through the whole cake, you can drive the dowels right into the foam core board, and that sucker won't move at all.
I have found that here in Upstate NY foamcore sells for $5.99 at michaels ; a little more at ACMoore, and its cheapest at Hobby Lobby at $4.99, but I find that Hobby Lobby also has a 1/2 price sale on it every couple of weeks, so thats when I stock up on it!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 5

I use it all the time. I get it at michaels about once a month when they put it on sale . I use the 3/16 and the 1/2 ". Love it

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 5

I use it all the time. I get it at michaels about once a month when they put it on sale . I use the 3/16 and the 1/2 ". Love it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%