Newbie Here-What Is Tylose?

Decorating By nikkidave Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 3:47pm by Debi2

nikkidave Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 3

And where can you get it? Someone suggested it on another forum and sadly I have no idea what this is or where I go to get it!! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Debi2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 3

Tylose is a powder you can get at cake supply stores. It is added to fondant to help it dry quicker and harder. It works great and it's not expensive. I think I paid $2.95 for mine and a little goes a long way so it last for quite a while.

Debi2 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 3

I just wanted to add, if you go to youtube and type tylose into the search box, you will get several videos showing you how to use it with the fondant to make gumpaste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%