Re. Cake Comments

Lounge By Kitagrl Updated 27 Oct 2010 , 3:46am by KrissieCakes

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:43am
post #31 of 40

jen - why are you ragging on Kitagrl so much? Did she not send you step-by-step instructions or something? No matter how "whole-heartedly" someone may think they are saying it, posting "send me instructions" in the comments, and nothing else, is completely rude. I can't say that my work is worthy of these requests, but I have seen numerous cakes on here with 30 people asking for instructions, and I always think it is so rude to assume someone else has the time to write step-by-step instructions for a cake that they slaved over.

Do some research first (plenty of forums and already published instructions on many topics), try to work through how you are going to tackle the project, and if you get stuck or have a specific question about how something in particular works...then ask it! Ask it nicely and don't get ticked off if people don't respond instantly.

I am sooooo not saying that you personally have been rude (I've never noticed anything in particular from you in the past), but I completely agree with Kita!!! Take a moment and think about how things come across on the internet before posting. I don't know how you can tell from "send me instructions" that it was meant as a compliment or someone is in complete awe of your cake!

KrissieCakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:46am
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitsky

But I just remembered an episode of "The Backyardigans" named "Secret of the Nile".

Now the song is stuck in my head icon_wink.gif

please and thank you ..... are ..... secrets of the nile.... Da Da Da Dadadadada ......

OMG! Did you have to do that? icon_smile.gif Now I'm going to go to bed humming this to myself! How sad is it that I know the exact tune and everything of that song? HA!

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 2:51am
post #33 of 40

I'm fine, but not with portraying people as lazy and all..people don't try to be and I have asked for instructions sometimes too because I was jealous on how nice it looked and wanted them..but I asked shortly,, BUT it didn't mean I wasn't asking politely,,it was just a quick question..not a demand..so put people like me in your shoes..you would understand better. I never repeatingly asked for instructions but sometimes we are busy people too and I don't see any thankfulness in this.. What happened to the positiveness out of people?? Like said before,,don't complain,,but fix the problem then..but do not fix it by calling things lazy or rude when it's not intentional. People get excited on here and just ask. but doesn't mean in a rude way either..excitement takes over sometimes.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:04am
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissieCakes

jen - why are you ragging on Kitagrl so much? Did she not send you step-by-step instructions or something? No matter how "whole-heartedly" someone may think they are saying it, posting "send me instructions" in the comments, and nothing else, is completely rude. I can't say that my work is worthy of these requests, but I have seen numerous cakes on here with 30 people asking for instructions, and I always think it is so rude to assume someone else has the time to write step-by-step instructions for a cake that they slaved over.

Do some research first (plenty of forums and already published instructions on many topics), try to work through how you are going to tackle the project, and if you get stuck or have a specific question about how something in particular works...then ask it! Ask it nicely and don't get ticked off if people don't respond instantly.

I am sooooo not saying that you personally have been rude (I've never noticed anything in particular from you in the past), but I completely agree with Kita!!! Take a moment and think about how things come across on the internet before posting. I don't know how you can tell from "send me instructions" that it was meant as a compliment or someone is in complete awe of your cake!

Kita's point is fairly obvious, and has been discussed before but it doesn't seem to alleviate the necessity to repeat....

There are people who want an entire schematic of a cake handed to them on demand....and yet they fail to illustrate and communicate any due diligence into finding out some of the most basic factors of building/making cakes on their own.

Even if they want to start out with basic questions, they still DEMAND the sequence of making a cake in its ENTIRETY...yet they seem to refuse to envision the inordinate amount of time and energy it would/does take to elaborate on a cake so fully.

It's just not possible.

Kita has never said anything ungrateful or unappreciative in this post, or any other. She's trying to EDUCATE newbies or even oldbies that full, complete, and under-appreciated demands for exhaustive instructions are neither polite nor welcome. We're all busy....and we all need to do what work we can without demanding anyone do it for us.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:07am
post #35 of 40

Amen to the when you type spmething the translation can come off completely 160 from what you intended. I have asked for directions after saying how cool something is, and don't get a reply..........so...hey if they don't I don't cry myself to sleep hehehe....but I think we are getting off what Kit is originally posting icon_smile.gif

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:16am
post #36 of 40

It drives me nuts too when I see those in the comments on photos. I personally find it much more fun to try to figure out something on my own. I like the challenge of it. I'm still pretty new to the site, and haven't PM'd anyone, but that would be the way I'd go, with a specific question about a specific part if I couldn't figure it out.

kater82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kater82 Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:27am
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissieCakes

Did she not send you step-by-step instructions or something?

Thats kinda mean. This topic has been beat to death.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:29am
post #38 of 40

thk u! I agree..that was like a slap in the back

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:36am
post #39 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenscreativity

I understand your frustrations,,yet it doesn't seem that you are thankful for even people asking at all due to your beautiful work..Just let it be and if you don't want to do it,,let it go..I don't see appreciation yet complaining..that is just my thought..sorry if this offends anyone,,but be happy for being asked in first place..Or don't post a pic if you think it will happen again. I am not a fan of complainers. so sorry

To me, this is mean.

It doesn't appear you read the spirit or context of her quotes, yet you decided to tell her she is not thankful and a complainer....

She is neither, and if you read her posts in context and take the facts into consideration, you may see that you have erred in your characterizations.

This subject is not worth attacking each other over. The bottom line is that we should all do our due diligence when asking questions, instead of insisting someone else is responsible for our complete education.

As a side note...has anyone ever noticed that those who ask for a PM of complete instructions rarely ever post anywhere else in the forum? I wonder why that is.

KrissieCakes Posted 27 Oct 2010 , 3:46am
post #40 of 40

jen - I'm not trying to be mean to you, but your posts kind of rubbed me the wrong way. From my experience on here, Kita has always been a positive and helpful person. Your posts struck me as if she had personally wronged you in some way. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I was starting to feel bad for Kita! She is neither a complainer or ungrateful. Also, I do agree that this topic has been beat to death at this point, so good night all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%