Grocery Store Whipped Icing?

Decorating By Kake-Girl Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm by Kake-Girl

Kake-Girl Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 10:37am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know what type of icing grocery stores use as their "whipped" icing?

2 replies
leily Posted 24 Oct 2010 , 11:23am
post #2 of 3

Most use Pastry Pride or Rich's Bettercreme.

I don't know much about pastry pride so i'll let someone else chime in that has used it.

But Rich's bettercreme comes in a liquid form that you have to whip up OR in a pre-whipped state (comes frozen this way then you thaw it in the fridge to use) I know that you can buy it pre-whipped at Sam's Club from their bakery, and our local restaurant supply store carries it in the liquid form that you have to whip.

You can also do a search of the forums for "Pastry Pride" or "Bettercreme" and find a ton of topics on them. Melvira has a post about that is something like "Bettercreme Fun" tons of pages and lots of info about it.

Kake-Girl Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%