Spice Cake With Cream Cheese Icing

Decorating By dadsdaughter Updated 26 Oct 2010 , 1:14pm by dadsdaughter

dadsdaughter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadsdaughter Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a spice cake with cream cheese icing, but would like to add apple flavor to the icing? How can I do this. Or would it be better if I just made apple filling and plain cream cheese icing? This is a birthday cake, so can cream cheese icing be used to decorate also? Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 5

Ohhh an apple filling with cream cheese icing sounds delicious. I don't have any answers for ya but look forward to the responses. What recipe for filling would you use?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 5

i did a wedding cake with apple filling and cream cheese icing. bride loved it! (I used the sleeve filling .... the apple pieces are cut in small squares, making it easy to spread on a cake.)

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 10:25pm
post #4 of 5

Smucker's makes a limited edition ice cream topping that is available this time of year. Its called Apple Cinnamon. You can find it with their other toppings. I have used it with the exact combo you mentioned and it is very good.
Yes, you can decorate with cream cheese frosting.
Have fun and best wishes.

Jibbies

dadsdaughter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadsdaughter Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 5

I wonder if you could use apple butter as a filling. I found out that when making the creamcheese B/C icing, instead of adding water replace it with apple cider. Thanks for the replies! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%