***penquin Brand Hi-Ratio Shortening***

Decorating By ShonaRaven Updated 25 Oct 2010 , 3:40pm by ShonaRaven

ShonaRaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShonaRaven Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 5:22pm
post #1 of 6

Good Morning, Ladies! icon_smile.gif

I found a local cake supply store that actually sells hi-ration shortening, but it is Penguin brand? It's a good price - $59.99 for 50#, but I've never heard of Penguin brand before. Has anyone else? If so, have you used it, and how did it compare to Sweetex, Alpine, CK, etc.? Please let me know your opinions, if any. I plan on going to buy this on Monday a.m. b/c I have some Halloween cupcakes that are needed by Thursday, and I am completely out of shortening, and this will be my first time buying hi-ration b/c I just can't afford to have any mistakes (i.e. buttercream sliding off of cakes, cupcakes, etc. due to not being quality shortening).

TIA!! icon_smile.gif

Shona

5 replies
cakemaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaker2 Posted 23 Oct 2010 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 6

ShonaRaven,
Where do you live? What's the name of the cake decorating supply store? Thanks for passing that information along!

ShonaRaven Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 6:54am
post #3 of 6

Hi! I live in Texas also, and I found it at a cake supply store in Houston, TX called Amazing Cake Supplies. They have a site, it's the full name, then dot com (can't type the address here b/c they always block those). Check 'em out. I'm going in the a.m. to pick this up. Couldn't pass up the price! icon_smile.gif

ShonaRaven Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 6:56am
post #4 of 6

Oh and sorry about all the RATIONs when I meant to type ratio. LOL I don't know why, but every time I type that word, my fingers automatically want to add the "n" on the end. Don't know why!! LOL

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 7:13am
post #5 of 6

let us know if it's good..I may be interested..Thanks!

ShonaRaven Posted 25 Oct 2010 , 3:40pm
post #6 of 6

Sure will! I'm going to buy the 3lb container today, to test it out, and if all goes well... 50#. *fingers crossed* I REALLLLY hope it works out, b/c it sure would save a LOT of $$$ on ordering online & shipping. Geeez! The things we do for quality!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%